This might be the best paleo dessert I've ever had. Well….it might be a tie between these and Paleo Strawberry Pie. Both are AMAZING!
I found this recipe several months ago on a completely non-paleo blog. I was super excited when I read the ingredients and realized it was paleo friendly because lemon bars are one of my favorite treats! If I would have known how delicious these were going to be I would have made them a lot sooner.
Ok so here's the recipe and a picture of the ingredients you need:
Paleo Lemon Bars
3 whole eggs
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup of raw almonds
1 cup of raw pecans (any other nut you have on hand would work too)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup of melted virgin coconut oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Blend the eggs, honey, and lemon juice together in a small sauce pan until thoroughly combined.
2. Turn the heat on to medium high and add coconut oil, mixing regularly until the oil has melted.
3. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens and bubbles.
4. Remove from pan and place in a bowl in the refrigerator to cool and thicken further.
1. Place nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely chopped, but not pureed. You may have little chunks of nuts, and that is fine.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse again until well combined.
3. Spread over the bottom of a greased 8 x 8 inch pan. (lining the pan with parchment paper will make the pan easier to clean)
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes in a 400 degree oven, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Cool completely before layering the filling over the top. Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.